As we get closer to the due date for turning in your dossier (February 18th), I want to take a moment to re-share some resources available in FDEV for retention, tenure, and promotion (RTP), and more general resources that can help with your dossiers (whether you are a T/TT faculty or a lecturer). Earlier this year and last year we offered a number of Friday Forums that provided insights into a variety of topics pertaining to RTP, how to write your dossier, and how to showcase evidence of your work.
I want to share the recordings from those forums, and I hope that you can find valuable information:
- How to Showcase Evidence of Teaching Excellence (Class Evaluations) – additional material available here
- How to Showcase Evidence of Teaching Excellence (in the RTP Dossier) – additional material available here
- How to Prepare for a Class Peer Evaluation – slides available here
- How to Approach Service Strategically (and write about it in your dossier)- slides and additional material available here
- Resources on RTP
- The RTP Calendar and Box process (Office of Academic Personnel)
- Panel with Deans, Department Chairs, RTP Committee Chairs (Fall 2021 and Fall 2020)
- Panel with Newly Tenured and Promoted Faculty (Fall 2021 and Fall 2020)
I hope these resources will be useful and I want to encourage all faculty to reach out to Faculty Development for questions about RTP, dossier writing, class evaluations, etc. We might not have all the answers, but we should be able to point you in the right direction. I am also happy to share my dossier with anybody who would like to see an example, just reach out to me!
Comment on our blog if you want to share different ideas on how to showcase evidence of teaching excellence in your dossier.