Effective teaching often involves using a whiteboard to illustrate concepts, write equations, or draw diagrams. You can still use these techniques when teaching remotely by using the “Zoom Whiteboard”, which works on either a desktop computer or a mobile device. To get started, click on the “Share Screen” button on the Zoom tool bar and then click “Whiteboard.” To learn more about how this tool can enhance teaching and learning, tune in to the next Virtual FLC this Thursday at 10 a.m. where TLP will offer a 15-minute presentation on Zoom Whiteboard. We’ll cover the bullet points below as well as discuss creative solutions you may already be using.
- Annotate, draw, and create as you teach on your shared screen
- Allow students access to create content on the screen to increase their engagement
- Save an electronic Whiteboard screen to a file
- Use Zoom Whiteboard with your tablet stylus.
This Week’s Faculty Development Sessions
- Thursday (4/30) – Virtual FLC from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. at https://csuchico.zoom.us/j/5308985778
- Topic: Using Zoom Whiteboard to Enhance Virtual Instruction
- Wednesday (4/29) – Social Hour from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. at https://csuchico.zoom.us/j/5308985778
- No Topic: Just connection and sharing
- TLP Webinars including Advanced Zoom training that cover Whiteboard use
- Go Virtual Summer Institute – paid summer institute to convert existing classes into effective online or blended courses. Apply to be a participant, a faculty mentor, or both.