Faculty have numerous methods of organizing reading lists for students. This can be confusing, especially when students have five or six different professors in a semester, all of whom place reading lists in various locations. The Meriam Library now offers an optional new tool called “Leganto (PDF)” (integrated directly into Bb or used as a standalone application) that helps you create dynamic online reading lists and provides seamless access for students. Leganto allows faculty to…
- search the library directly to create links to articles
- upload and organize your own content
- view student usage of course content
- include collaborators on course reading lists
To help you get started, the library is sponsoring a Faculty Learning Community (FLC) where you can develop your own course reading lists. The FLC will meet this semester for 90 minutes once per week for four weeks. Faculty who complete the FLC will receive $250. More information and start dates are on the application, which is due April 6, 2018. If you have questions or want more information, contact Jodi Shepherd.
- There is still time to apply for the FDEV summer institutes this June. Applications for the Inclusive Teaching Academy and the Institute on Teaching Writing (AeL 10) are due 3/28.
- The workshop on using Box to make your electronic work files more accessible and secure will be in Colusa 100B on 3/28 from 1:15-2pm and 3/29 from 9-9:45. RSVP for whichever date works best for you.