Get by with a little help from your friends at Faculty Development this week. Maybe you don’t consider us friends, “colleagues” maybe? How about “acquaintances with snacks”?
This week we are running the Faculty Grading Oasis in MLIB 458 and we would love to see you in the office. We offer fresh coffee, snacks, a place outside your normal office, and students to assist you with grading/clerical tasks. Our schedule this week is:
Tuesday Open 8-12, 1-5, Student help 1-5
Wednesday Open 8-5, Student help 8-10:30, 11-5
Thursday Open 8-2, Student help 8-2
Friday Open 8-11:30, Student help 8-11 (we are working on the afternoon schedule)
Without further procrastination, your top 10 reasons for visiting the faculty grading oasis (revised from Fall).
- Students studying on the 4th floor are more stressed than you are, feel better by proxy.
- No one knocks on our door asking to redo an assignment from early February.
- Student workers to help with basic tasks like alphabetizing (remember to be FERPA compliant).
- We have dedicated dual monitor workstations you can use and print from. They are probably newer than the post-war ENIAC surplus machine you are reading this on.
- Get away from that judgy colleague who already has all their grading done.
- Experience one of the only offices on campus where control of the thermostat is possible.
- Our office has windows, you know the magical devices that allow light to come in.
- We are closer to Common Grounds than where you normally work.
- Our office is now is now 173 4 days since our last Chupacabra attack. You will probably possibly be safe.
- Have you ever seen the library vaccum Zamboni machine? Need I say more?
Got feedback on this tip? Leave a comment or email it to us. Got an idea for a tip? Send it along.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Caffeinated Cats podcast! The newest episode is on the strike that wasn’t. Link to it on soundcloud, itunes, overcast, or follow the podcast on facebook.